Basic life support (BLS) course online suitable for dentists, doctors, dental nurses, Orthodontists, hygienists, Locums, Paramedics, GP’s, via e-learning
Our online basic life support training course is an ideal e-learning cpr training platform for the dental professional and will help you stay compliant with your bls training course requirements.
This e-learning course is ideal for the dental & healthcare professional and was developed in line with the latest UK legislation.
This course meets the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Resuscitation Council (UK), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
This online BLS course is an ideal training programme for dentists, dental nurses, hygienists, orthodontists, technicians, doctors, GP’s, nurses, locums and can be conducted at a time that is convenient to you.
What is covered in this level 2 (BLS) basic life support training course?
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger, Responsiveness & shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s and rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR & knowing when to stop
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
- Online assessment
BLS Training Course Certification
At the end of our level 2 online BLS training dentists course programme you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the end of course quiz you will be able to download a FREE basic life support for healthcare training certificate, which can be stored in your training records and can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.