E-learning training for the protection and safeguarding of a child and a young adult, level 3 certified, ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses, hygienists & receptionists, cpd certified child protection course.
This level 3 online safeguarding children & young adults course is ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses & hygienists, dental receptionists, dental surgery managers, or any healthcare professional who may come into contact with a child or young person.
Our Level 3 online child protection course is designed to give everyone an introduction to relevant safeguarding issues and to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect concerning children & young adults.
Who is this training course suitable for?
This level 3 safeguarding & child protection training online course programme is an ideal learning platform, which can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. It is an ideal learning solution and training platform for:
- Dentist’s & dental nurses
- Or any dental staff member
E-learning child protection course, what is covered?
- Understanding to what protecting young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the safeguarding of vulnerable young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to the protection of young people
- Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to families/guardians where safeguarding concerns have been raised
- How to be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local safeguarding team and/or social services, and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- How to be aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this online safeguarding children training dentists course you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
Once you have successfully completed your assessment free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download & print from within your own secure training area.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally) and can also be used as annual safeguarding refresher training.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.