E-learning training for safeguarding & protection of a child, or a young adult. Level 2 certified, ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses, hygienists & receptionists, cpd certified child protecting course.
This level 2 online safeguarding children course is ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses & hygienists, dental receptionists or any healthcare professional who may come into contact with children or young person.
Our Level 2 online child protection course is designed to give everyone an introduction to relevant safeguarding issues, but also will help to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect concerning children & young adults.
Who is this training course suitable for?
This CPD certified online level 2 safeguarding & child protection training programme is an ideal learning platform and training solution for:
- Dental nurses
- Dental Receptionists
- Or any dental staff member
E-learning child protection course, what is covered?
- Introduction to the fundamental principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why safeguarding children is essential
- The Human Rights of Children – The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Understanding of what safeguarding children means
- Awareness of vital safeguarding children legislation
- Understand the standard terms used in safeguarding children
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The ‘Toxic Trio’ concerning safeguarding children
- Awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- Awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of children and young people
- The risks of child trafficking
- Knowledge of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- The dangers (to children and young people) from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes about child protection, safeguarding children and young people
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understand your responsibilities in protecting children and young adults from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding the safeguarding of children
On completion of this online safeguarding children training dentists course you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
Once you have successfully completed your assessment free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download & print from within your own secure training area.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally) and can also be used as annual safeguarding refresher training.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.